Veterans Funeral Care at
Jardine Funeral Home
We truly believe that the men and women who answered our nation’s call embody the ideals Americans hold so dear. Because they have proven their devotion to their fellow citizens and to a grateful nation, we all owe them the same respect and devotion in return.
Jardine Funeral Home is the Honored provider of Veterans Funeral Care in Northeast Ohio and we have the privilege to work with Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery. Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery is the second national cemetery built in Ohio and the 119th in the national cemetery system. This pristine National Cemetery features a pathway that is lined with memorials that honor America's Veterans. www.veteransfuneralcare.com
Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery provides Veteran families with exceptional settings for the permanent memorials of their loved ones. With acres of rolling green lawns, majestic trees, pristine cemetery grounds, columbaria niches and in-ground niches, Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery is a perfect place for Veteran families to return, year after year, in remembrance and honor.
Sometimes one family member wants to be buried and another wishes to be cremated, yet they want to be together. Because we know this to be a common wish, Jardine Funeral Home and Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery makes it simple for families. We can easily arrange for a common burial of both your loved ones in the same plot.
We would be honored to guide you through the cemetery grounds, explore your perspectives, and make suggestions. Ultimately, the decision is in your hands; but our expertise can certainly guide you.
Traditionally, in-ground burial has been the choice of many Veteran families. We provide eligible Veteran families with in-ground burial options. Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery has 15,900 gravesides on their 274 acres.
Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery maintains a variety of facilities for the interment of cremated remains. For those Veteran families who desire it, they are also able to combine in-ground burial for both casketed and cremated remains.
At Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery, they have 2,000 columbaria niches and 1,000 in-ground garden niches. Landscaped with trees, benches, and beautiful flowers, the cremation garden provides Veteran families with a uniquely tranquil setting.
Why Do More Families Trust Us to Care for their Veteran?
We are known for our compassionate, caring and thoroughly professional staff, and have years of experience in planning military services. Whether your family chooses cremation or burial, we will be proud to take care of all the details involved.
We are Proud to Honor Those Who Served
Without a doubt, our professional staff feels pride when we are able to care for a veteran and their family. It is our way of expressing gratitude for their service to the country.
We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life with deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies. Jardine Funeral Home can:
- Complete applications for all veterans’ benefits, including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate and veteran memorial marker or headstone
- Confirm and coordinate any existing paid pre-plan funding benefits which may cover any expenses deemed ineligible by the Veterans Administration
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
- Coordinate with national or state veterans’ cemeteries
You will receive:
- The professional services of Funeral Director and support staff
- Transfer the deceased and professional care
- Cremation services
- Use of our mortuary facilities and staff for a visitation or gathering
- A funeral or memorial ceremony
- Use of automotive equipment
- Online interactive memorial website
- Additional personalization options, including specialized engraving, a moving tribute video
To learn more about how we can serve you, give us a call. We will be honored to speak with you.
Who is Eligible?
In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans' burial benefits, with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, or that of a family member, call us at (440) 238-7701. If you have any questions about your eligibility or that of a family member, contact the staff of one of our locations or send us an email using our contact form.